M.Tech. Andhra University, 1989.
Dr. P.V.Ravikumar (1965), Associate Professor and the Head of the department of Chemical Engineering received his M.Tech form A.U in 1989.
· He took his Ph.D in 1998 from A.U on the subject “Momentum and Boiling Heat Transfer
· Worked as research assistant, centre for Energy Studies, A.U. and in MHRD scheme (1989 – 1990) and on CSIR fellowship at A.U. (1991 – 1995)
· With GVPCOE first as an Assistant Professor (1997 – 1999) and as an Associate Professor since 2002 punctuated by a 3 year stint at RVR & JC College of Engineering (1999 – 2002)
· A project guide for many UG students
· Presented three papers in various national and international seminars
· Attended 14th International Congress of Chemical & Process Engineering, CHISA 2000, Praha, Czech Republic
· Participated in about 4 conferences at state amd national level – Indian Chemical Engineering Congress (1998), CHECK (1999), APCHETMEET – 2001, AICTE/ISTE, and a short course on Compact Heat Exchangers at GITAM (Visakhapatnam)
· Worked as a co – investigator in a UGC project of Rs. 7 lakhs on “Optimization of ACUAPETROHOL blends
· Working on a similar MNES sponsored R&D project worth Rs. 17.95 lakhs.
· Applied for a patent along with Prof. C.Chiranjeevi on “ACUAPETROHOL” a blend of petrol and industrial alcohol. (patent application no. 2613/DEL/971)
A Gayatri Vidya Parishad Institute
Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering
Prof. Dr. P. Ravikumar
Head of Department—Chemical Engineering